Æthernity is a collection of seven Max for Live devices oriented towards the creation of ethereal and atmospheric music. The devices currently featured are:
- Paysage: a soundscape creator tool with an interactive mixer featuring 20 professionally recorded and seamlessly looping soundscapes.
- Ksenia: a polyphonic synthesizer based on Karplus-Strong synthesis, ideal to create physical models of guitar and piano strings. It also has some effects to shape the sound without the need of additional devices.
- Padradise: a polyphonic subtractive synthesizer specialized in the creation of lush and evolving pads and textures.
- Babel: an effect processor with 16 parallel filters, pitchshifters, delays and pan units followed by a thick reverberator, able to transform any kind of sound into a deep evolving texture.
- Picoscape: a tiny device that creates an evolving eerie texture.
- Escape: another small device that synthesizes a dense texture.
- Myscape: with this pocket device you can create mysterious soundscapes from any couple of sound samples.
All the devices have all the parameters automatable and the most complex ones feature 10 presets each to get you started. A comprehensive manual is included (and it can also be downloaded here).
Some sounds made and processed using Æthernity devices only:
Æthernity is available for 15 EUR, with lifetime updates included. Æthernity needs Ableton Live Suite (tested on versions 10 and 11) or Standard with Max for Live addon to work, and it can be also fully used in standalone Max/MSP (version 8.1+). Both Windows and OSX are supported.